Saturday, August 11, 2012

Best Fishes for Birthday Wishes

During our church stamping get-togethers, I've had several gals ask how I figure out how I'm going to make a card.  So I decided to share with you my thought process when setting about to make a card -- it's actually probably fairly similar to what you do yourself.  I'd be interested in knowing how you work it out.  Needing a masculine birthday card, I started browsing through all my stash to see what I could pull together.  One of the things I love to do is pull out the possible stamps that I could use and then start the process of coordinating the matching scrapbook papers, card stock colors, and embellishments.  But not too many options or I'll feel overwhelmed.  Once I get everything laid out and look it over, most of the time a design just pops out at me.  On this particular card, I selected 3 or 4 fish stamps and 3 or 4 sentiments, then found several patterns of scrapbook paper that would coordinate with the fish stamps.  Next I pulled out several colored sheets of card stock that would coordinate with the card stock.  Having it all spread out before me, I find it really easy to decide which combination to use.  This card was perfect for my pastor as he loves to fish.

Card Front

Card Inside

This next card is one I made for some friends who just bought and moved into a different house after spending about 35 years in their first home.  The house stamp is one of the first Denami stamps I bought in 2000.  It's one of those stamps that I can't let go of but rarely use.  Funny how we can get so sentimental about our stamps. 

Now that I've had a break, rested and cooled off, I'm ready to go back to the flower beds and work another hour in some shaded areas.  The temp is in the 90's, but it's just too beautiful to stay inside.  Hope you're having a great weekend.  May the Lord bless you all with His quiet presence.
Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment