Hello Paper Crafters,
The project I'm sharing with you today is a Prayer Box, which contains seven encouraging scripture cards - one for each day of the week. I like to give them to friends in the hospital, home bound for some reason, or just needing some encouragement when dealing with personal problems. And we all have those - right! I've never attempted to share a project that encompasses as many steps that this project has. Now I'm excited to take on the challenge. But please don't let the length of the directions intimate you. I believe I have written the step-by-step directions in a clear manner that will be easy for you to follow. However, be sure to allow yourself enough time so you won't feel rushed. In two weeks I'm teaching this project plus two cards in the time length of two hours. But, of course, I'll have everything cut and ready to go for the gals. So, let's get started!
Light Pink Plaid Card Stock by Core’dinations – One 12x12 sheet
White Card Stock 8x11” Card Stock – One sheet
Pale Pink Card Stock 8x11” – Two Sheets
Dark Pink Card Stock 8x11” – One Sheet
Double Stick Tape or Tape Runner
Corner Rounder (I like the Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper used at the ½” corner setting)
Fiskars Scallop Border Punch (narrow design)
Small Embellishment Punch or (I used Cricuit Swirly Flower)
Brilliance Moonlight White Ink Pad
Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush
My Paper Studio Gemstones, Clear
Darice Jewels Metallic Cord, Pearlized White, 30 inches
1. Cut box top from Light Pink Plaid card stock 7 x 5 ½”
2. Cut box bottom from White card stock 6 7/8 x 5 3/8”
3. Cut inside box bottom cover (optional) from Light Pink Plaid card stock 4 3/8 x 5 ¾”
4. Score ½” on all sides of both the top and bottom pieces. Do not score the box bottom cover.
5. Looking at the box top piece in a horizontal position, just to the score line make ½” cuts at top two
corners and bottom two corners. Do the same for the box bottom piece. Fold all sides using a Bone Folder. See the diagram below.
6. Place a ½” piece of Score Tape on the outside of each of the 8 flaps (shown on the diagram in Pink). Fold the flaps to the inside of the box ends to adhere in place.
7. Using Double Stick Tape or a Tape Runner, adhere the box bottom cover in place.
Cut down to Score Line on both ends.
Cut up to Score Line on both ends.
Flower and Leaves Directions:
1. Highlight each of the four flower layers with Brilliance Moonlight White
2. Adhere one layer of Foam Tape between each layer of the flower.
3. Attach a double layer of Foam Tape on the bottom of the fourth flower. Do not remove the protective covering on the bottom of the Foam Tape.
4. Embellish the flower petals with Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush.
5. Place a Gem Stone in the center of the flower.
6. Contour and wrinkle the two leaves.
7. Place the white cord over the lower right end of the closed box, bringing up the two ends together over the diagonal end, left top, and tie a bow.
8. Arrange the flower, leaves, and sentiment label in a way that is visually pleasing to you, and glue in place.
1. Cut 7 panels from Light Pink card stock – 4x5”
2. Use a Corner Rounder on all corners.
3. Using a Border Punch, make one punch in the middle at the bottom of each panel.
4. Computer generate scripture verses to print and attach to panels. Choose ones that are encouraging and uplifting. I used 2 Corrinthians. 1:3-4, Romans. 8:18, Psalm 55:22, Philippians. 4:19, Philippians 4:6-7, Proverbs. 16:9, and Hebrews 13:5. Print on Dark Pink card stock. If you would like a printable copy of my scriptures which you can use to copy onto to your colored card stock, please give me your email address and I will send you a copy.
5. Cut each scripture into a small rectangular card, approximately 2 1/8 x 3 ¼” .
6. Attach one scripture to each panel using Double Stick Tape or Tape Runner.
7. Punch 7 small flowers and attach one to each panel.
Remember, if you want a printable copy of the scripture, send me your email address. I hope you like today's project.