Friday, November 9, 2012

A Christmas Card Making Party!

Last Saturday I had the pleasure of hosting a Christmas card making party at my home for some of my church family gals.  Amid laughter, eating, talking, laughter, eating (get the picture?), we did manage to make a few cards.  What a fun memory-making time we had!  I wish I had a recording to play for you – you’d have to join the laughter just from listening to it.  Anyway . . . here are the 3 card designs we made.  I did the embossing and die cutting ahead of time with my Cuttlebug.  I really like the new Spellbinder Christmas dies.  How did we ever get along without this invention???
Spellbinders Frosty Forms & Spellbinders Labels 18

Spellbinders Lacey Circles


Spellbinders Layered Poinsettia & Cuttlebug EF Disressed Stripes

While shopping for cardstock, I made a great find in the Christmas Stories double sided paper line – Christmas Bingo cards – 12 to a sheet.  Immediately I thought this would make a great ice-breaker game for my party.  I could hardly wait until I got home so I could get started.  After cutting out the Bingo cards I glued them onto a rectangle of heavy weight Christmas paper and added a small embellishment at the top.  Next I went to my stash and pulled out some kids’ white letter tiles, glued a red CS square inside, used stickers to make the Bingo numbers, then covered the inside with Diamond Glaze by Judi-kins, giving them a nice clear, glossy finish.  Next, in that same “stash” I had a white box (like a pencil box or a cigar box) that I had purchased about 6 years ago and now, finally, found something to do with it, so out it came to be decorated which was accomplished by using some wonderful, beautiful Graphic 45 Christmas paper from the "Christmas Past Collection."  The finishing touch to the box was adding the name of the game on the lid using brown wooden letters and a button in each corner.  And finally I rounded up a bunch of small colored buttons (with lots of red and green) and put them in a clear plastic container to use as the game pieces.  Oh, the name of the game you ask, “Button Bingo” of course.  Oh, well, maybe not the greatest choice, but it was all I could spell with the number of wooded letters I had on hand. J  Here are a few pictures to give you an idea of how it turned out.  We had lots of fun with it – too bad we only had time for one game.


 In case I don’t have time to post again before Thanksgiving, please know that I’m thankful for each one of you and pray that our Heavenly Father abundantly blesses your family gatherings on Thanksgiving Day.

Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment