Monday, September 22, 2014

Fall Has Come Upon Us!

How beautifully summer has turned into fall.  I am thankful that I live in a place that shows the splendor of all four seasons.  Our Creator paints a new picture every day and I'm always excited to jump out of bed in the morning just to see His newest work of art.  Really!  I climb out of bed and the first thing I do is pull back the curtain and look outside.  Psalm 118:24 (NKJV) tells us,

"This is the day the Lord has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it."

A changing season also means that it is time to change my church library display.  I've been busily working up a design and die cutting leaves with my Big Shot.  Truly, the Lord has blessed me by calling me to be our church librarian because I get to do three things that are a passion with me:  I love reading books, I love being creative, and I love making available materials that will help others grow in their spiritual life and for good wholesome entertainment. 





As I mentioned above, all the leaves were die cut.  I found a picture of a basket on the internet, enlarged and printed it, cut it out, and glued it on the poster sideways so the leaves would look like they are falling from the basket.  Several years ago I made the scarecrow.  Joann's had material with a scarecrow pattern, so all I had to do was cut out the pieces, sew them together, stuff, and embellish.  Mr. Scarecrow has been in many displays over the years.  The straw bale came from Joann's too, at a good price - only $1.  The sunflowers and the vines came from the Dollar Store.  Being creative can also be a lesson in good stewardship.  I think the display is colorful and cheerful and I hope it puts a smile on the face of viewers.

I pray you are experiencing the blessings of the fall season.  Enjoy!
Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment