1. Fold an 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" white card base in half.
2. Cut a white panel measuring 5 3/8" x 4 1/8". Emboss it with the tulip window embossing folder.
3. Die cut 5 tulips from green card stock and 5 tulips from red card stock. Match up the green and
4. Trim off about half of the green tulip blossoms and trim the stem off of each red tulip. Glue the
red tulip blossoms onto the green ones.
5. On the backside of the embossed panel, in the window opening, layer as follows:
a. grass die cut
b. a green 1/2" x 2 1/4" strip (see card for placement; about
1/8" shows above the bottom of the window)
c. the tulips and leaves
6. Adhere the embossed panel to the card front.
7. Die cut the watering can from polka dot paper and attach to the lower right bottom of card.
8. Stamp a small sentiment on red card stock and punch out with 5/8" round punch. Glue to center of watering can.
9. Punch 2 small butterflies; place one with the tulips in the window and the other one on inside of card, lower left side.
Stamps: Stampin' Up: Fabulous Phrases
Dies: Impression Obsession: Grass 06-I, Stems & Leaves 150-D, Tulip Set 147-A, and Watering Can 155-A
Spellbinders: Small Deckled Rectangles
Embossing Folder: Crafts-Too: Tulip Window
This is the second card using the same Tulip Window embossing folder:
My idea for this card came from this tutorial, however I changed things up a bit by embossing the card and by making a smaller window for the pop-out butterfly: http://flowerbug.typepad.com/my_weblog/2015/03/pop-out-window-butterfly-basics-card-video.html. The white folded panel is 3 1/2" x 6", scored at 2" and 4".
I hope you found the cards to your liking. I would love some feedback. Thanks for stopping by and may your day be blessed.