Monday, January 25, 2016

Hearts-a-Plenty

Hello again friends,

I just got back from the gym and need to take a little rest break.  So I thought what better time than now to enter my next blog post showcasing two of the cards we made at my last class.

The first card is a case from Pinterest. I couldn't resist because I'm just smitten with the Impression Obsession Heart Flourish.  I also loved those little tiny flowers, made with the Impression Obsession dies Spiral Flowers and Leaf Cluster.  To make it suit my fancy, I used a different border punch (Stampin' Up hearts border) and added red card stock under the punched border.  I also decorated the inside of the card by adding red strips to both inside panels and decorated them with the punched out white hearts created by the border punch.  A big thank you goes to Kittie Caracciolo for inspiring me to create this card.





 This second card has kind of an old-fashioned look which I love.  The ribbon overlaying the decorative paper (which has raised embossing on it) has an embroidered flower design with sequins attached.  Not sure how well it shows up in the picture but it's really pretty.  It originally was a wired ribbon, but I removed the wire to make it lay more smoothly.  To hold it in place, I used 1/8" Red Line Tape (can use Score Tape), on both sides of the ribbon and over to the back side at top and bottom.

I die cut the "love" heart from red card stock using the Savvy Die Love Heart #10061 and backed it with white card stock.  For the final touch, I punched two sizes of small hearts and then added white floss to one of the larger ones.  All of the hearts are adhered with mounting tape.




Well, that's it for today.  Thanks for checking out this post!

Blessings,
Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment