Sunday, December 5, 2021

Coming Up Roses on an Angled Trifold Card

 

Annie’s Ink-Lings



Whatever the season, I still like to make cards using flowers.  I was afraid I would forget this idea by the time spring arrived, so here I sat, with the snow coming now, picking out a flower-pattern paper.  The one I chose is so cheerful and actually uplifted my spirit.  What’s your reaction?  The style is called an angled trifold card and the first one I’ve done.

 


I really like the flower and leaves stamps I used.  They are from a Stampin’ Up set called “To a Wild Rose,” which also has dies to match.  However, this time I just fussy cut the images.

 


To add a little color to the inside of the card, I adhered a stem of leaves like the ones on the front of the card.  Take a closer look at the belly band and notice the beautiful mini ruffled red ribbon.  It makes a perfect embellishment.        

Measurements:
Card Base: 5-1/2″ x 11″
Optional: Basic White inside: 4″ x 5-1/4″,
DSP: 3-1/8″ x 5-1/4”, cut two
White Belly band: 3/4″ x 10″ (a second option is 10”x 1” depending on how wide the ribbon is). My ribbon is 3/8” wide so I made the belly band 3/4” x 10”.
Stampin’ Up Red Mini Ruffled Ribbon 9 ¼"
1/8” red line tape or score tape

Directions for Card Base
1. Score 3-3/8″ from each side on the 11″ side.
2. On the outside panel on the right side of the card base, with pencil make tic mark 1” down.
3. At the bottom of the right side of the card, make a tic mark 1” in.
4. Do the same on the left side of the card base
5. Cut from score line to tic mark on each one.

Directions for DP Panels
1. With the red dotted panel, on the left side make a tic 1” down from the top and 1” in at the bottom of the panel.
2. With the flower design panel, on the right side make a tic 1” down from the top and 1” in at the bottom of the panel
3. Cut from score line to tic mark on each one.
4. Adhere DP panels to the card base.

Directions for Belly Band
1. Score belly band on the left end at 3 ¼”. Wrap the long end of the band around the back of the card, and the fold over to the front placing under the left end. Make sure that you have sliding room before you glue in place.
2. Attach ruffled ribbon to the belly band using 1/8” red line tape or score tape.

Flower and Leaves:
Stamp, color, and cut out. Glue the leaves to the back of the flower. When attaching the flower and leaves to belly band, be sure you don’t glue any part of them to the card base.

Thank you for coming to

Annie's Inklings today!


No comments:

Post a Comment