Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Rejoice

The other day I was doing the dreaded task of dusting, and having come to a bookshelf holding the books I've made over the years, I just had to take a little break and look through a few of them. I was amazed at the many different styles sitting there -- altered books, CD books, a hand-shaped book, accordion books, house-shaped books, envelope books, paper sack books, tag books -- just to name a few. I guess you can tell by this time that I love to make books. Most recently I completed a book with multi-shaped chipboard pages. It's one of the Kaisercraft "Beyond the Page" album sets. You can see more book shapes at http://www/kaisercraft/net.beyond-the-page. The book is named Rejoice with each page bearing a bible scripture -- its purpose is to be a praise book to the Lord. The scrapbook paper used in this project is from Deja View, the Timeless Collection. Laying each board page on a piece of scrapbook paper, I cut around it using a craft knife; very simple to do even if you don't like craft knives. Using my favorite adhesive, Aleene's Super Quick Dry glue, I attached the scrapbook paper to the board page as I cut each one out. I know many of you like to use tape runners and there are some pretty good ones on the market. My favorite tape runner is Scotch glue tape, this stuff really holds! Forever! The book was bound with metal rings and I tied a 3-ribbon bow on each ring. Pictures of the pages are posted in the Slideshow section so you can see the rest of the book there. I pray that this little book will lift your spirit and brighten your day. Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment