Wednesday, April 12, 2017

A Dahlia and More

This birthday card is the perfect combination for my friend
who loves Dahlias and music.
 
Using the Dahlia stamp from Stampin' Up's "Regarding Dahlias" set, I stamped on a light melon-colored card stock using clear embossing ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  The Dahlia was stamped two times, and then colored with Copic markers:  E13, R22, YR04, and RV52.  I cut out one complete Dahlia and then just cut out the center portion of the second Dahlia and mounted with mounting tape.  Next, tiny pearls were added to the center of the Dahlia.   

The leaf is from a Hero Arts set called "More Real Leaves."  I stamped the leaves with Distress Ink Evergreen Bough, then I lightly sponged them with the same color ink and also Distress Pine Needles. After I cut out the leaves I darkened the edges with the Pine Needles ink, and then finished off by slightly curling up the leaf tips. It's a nice way to add some depth to the leaves.

To make the background panel, I printed sheet music from Pinterest, used a distressing tool on the edges, and then embossed with the Tim Holtz Woodgrain embossing folder.
Pine Needles ink was used on the distressed edges of the panel and lightly sponged over the Woodgrain embossing.

The card base is white, 5 1/2 x 4 1/4.  The panel is 4 3/4 x 3 3/4.  You can find the music clip art on Pinterest here. 

This was a really fun card to make and I'm really loving this stamp set!  Thanks for stopping by.
Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment