Monday, September 16, 2019

Birthday Wreath Card

Annie’s Ink-Lings



My hubby and I got a good laugh when I showed him today’s card.  He said, “That’s a pretty Christmas card!”  I said to him,  ‘What – can’t you see it says happy birthday?  Yeah, he causes me to laugh a lot. Well, his comment got me to thinking that maybe it does look kind of Christmassy.  Potential problem solved!!  I have a friend whose birthday is in December, so . . . .  You guessed it; this card will be going to her in December.


 I used the Lace Dynamic embossing folder from Stampin’ Up for the background layer.  I used the Seasonal Wreath embossing folder (also from Stampin’ Up) on green card stock and then fussy cut the wreath.  The corners of all layers plus the card base were rounded before taping them together.  I used a little flower punch on three or four shades of purple to add flowers to the wreath.  The larger daisy flower was also made with a punch, using three shades of purple to coordinate with the little flowers.   I finished off the flower by placing a decorative jewel in the center.  I tied two bows; one of twine and one of narrow organdy ribbon, and glued them in place just under the top of the flower.  For the final touch, I made a small flag, stamped happy birthday on it, and glued it place just to the right of the flower.

Card Base:  5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches
Layers:  4 1/8 x 5 3/8 inches; and 3 7/8 x 5 1/8

Now I’m thinking, maybe I’ll use this design for a couple of Christmas cards – using red, of course!  Hope you enjoyed today’s card.

Blessings,
Annie 

No comments:

Post a Comment