Monday, September 2, 2019

Leaves are Falling

Annie’s Ink-Lings



I'm not ready for fall, but summer is slowly fading away.  However, I would not want to be without fall because it has such beauty in the changing colors.  Raking leaves – ugh!  My treasured memory of raking leaves was watching my son joyfully jumping into the piles of them.  More work for mom but it was so much fun.  He even wanted me to cover him up with leaves!  We always had oodles of fun.  These are some of the memories that came to me as I was making this card today.  That’s probably why this stamp is one my favorites . . . it takes me back to my son’s childhood.  Happily I had found the perfect sentiment to go  with this stamp.  This is what it says inside:  “Take time to jump in the leaves.”  Perfect in my mind, anyway.

If you want quick and easy, then this is the card for you.  I used only two colors of Distress Ink for the background, stamping the applicator off before lightly applying the ink.  The image and sentiment were stamped with black ink.  I lightly colored the leaves and the frame of the rake with PrismaColor pencils.  Next, I rounded the corners of the top two panels before assembling the panels to the card base.  I thought the strategically placed sequins made a nice finishing touch.  What do you think?


Card Base 81/2 x 51/2 inches
DP Panel 5 3/8 x 4 1/8 inches
Red Panel 5 x 3 ¾ inches
Cream Panel 4 7/8 x 3 5/8 inches
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Applicator (or sponges)
Distress Ink Pads:  Barn Door and Wild Honey
PrismaColor Pencils:  Limepeel, Peach, Green Ochre, and Process Red
Red Sequins
Glue, Tape Runner
Corner Rounder

Stamps:   Serendipity Stamps – Rake G298
                  Stampabilities – Leaves are Falling C1142
                  Impression Obsession:  Jump in the Leaves A5654


Thanks for stopping by.

Blessing,
Annie


No comments:

Post a Comment