Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Masculine Nature Card


Annie’s Ink-Lings



I'm really loving the Rooted in Nature stamp set from Stampin' Up.  This is especially a great set for making masculine cards and for nature themed cards.  I saw a card on Pinterest using this stamp set, which gave me inspiration boost.  As I was formulating an idea and looking for papers to use, I found in my stash a sheet of green card stock with embossed leaves.  Just perfect for the background!  

I used my Misti to stamp the tree trunk slice with Fresco Tuscan Earth.  Then I very lightly inked the stamp with Fresco Amaretto Truffle and overstamped the previously stamped image.  This gave a really nice dimension and texture to the image.  The three little dots in the lower right corner were made with a 1/8 inch hole hand punch.  After gluing them in place, I added a touch of Spectrum Sparkle Pen –  Crystal Clear.   

This is a quick and easy design for a birthday card or by changing the sentiment it could be a nice thank you card -- actually just about for any occasion!
Card Stock
White
Light Brown
Green Embossed Leaves Card Stock

Measurements
  White Card Base
  • cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" score at 4 1/4"
Green Embossed Leaves Card Stock Panel
  • cut at 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
Bottom Panel Layers 
  • Brown -  2 3/8" x 4 ¼ "
  • DP 2 1/8” v 4”
Top Panel Layers
  • Light Brown - cut at 3 ¾” x 3 ¼”
  • White – cut at 3 ½” x 3”
Tools
Paper Trimmer
Foam Tape
Tape Runner
Glue Bottle
Poker-Picker-Upper
Metal Awl (Poking Tool)
Scissors
1/8 inch hole punch
Spectrum Sparkle Pen –  Crystal Clear or Wink of Stella

Thanks for joining me today.

Blessings,
Annie


No comments:

Post a Comment