Monday, November 30, 2020

Christmas Accordian Book

 

Annie’s Ink-Lings



I find that when preparing to make my Christmas cards, I always get in the mood to also do a Christmas project of some kind.  This year I chose to do an accordian book with a Christmas theme and use some Graphic 45 papers that I've been holding onto, just "for the perfect project."  I used the G45 8x8 inch paper pad called, "A Christmas Carole."  

This is what the front side of the accordian book looks like when fully opened.


And this is what it looks like on the opposite side.


In my subscription to G45, I received a PDF for this type of project.  I only followed the portion referring to the cutting sizes of the black chipboard and the first layer of paper for each section, plus also how to cut and connect the hinges to connect the sections together.  But as to designing all the rest, I just picked out what I liked and what I thought looked good together.  It was truly fun watching it all come together.

Here are a few close-ups the sections.



I did a lot of fussy cutting and a lot of cutting and trimming to fit all the pieces together in a somewhat balanced design.   On the page below, I used a scallop punch to cut out the lady reading a book.





For the page above, I fussy cut the dancing man and woman, and on the page below I fuzzy cut happy Mr. Scrooge.


I also fussy cut the little boy at the bottom of the page below.



To find the G45 PDF for this project, click here.  I hope you've enjoyed looking through some of the pictures of my album.  Another idea for this album would be to use your own Christmas pictures instead of the G45 paper pad.  I just hope you are inspired to make one of your own.

Blessings,
Annie




No comments:

Post a Comment