Monday, November 23, 2020

G45 Slimeline Christmas Card


Annie’s Ink-Lings



I admit I have been pretty slow about jumping on the band wagon for the new slimline style of card.  But here I am, finally, with my first slimline card.  Here is what my idea turned out to be.

 


I chose to make it with G45 Christmas papers.  So many times, I have had a hesitancy of using these papers because they are just too pretty and I might not be able to get anymore like them.  Anybody else have that problem with pretty papers???   

My card base is a 7 x 8 1/2” piece of a green cardstock, scored at 3 1/2” and folded in half.  I layered it with a 3 ¼ x 8” panel of G45 DP. 

 

To make the layered circles, I first used the Stampin’ Up 2” punch on another of the G45 DP papers, then the Stampin’ Up Starburst punch on green card stock, and the bottom red layer was cut out using the Tim Holtz Stitched Circles dies.  The top and bottom circle panels were adhered to the card base, but I used 3D tape for the middle panel.

 





The Merry Christmas sentiment is from the Lawn Fawn “Ready, Set, Snow” stamp set and coordinating dies.  I added little green gemstones on the sentiment label and each of the bows for a touch of glitz.


For a bit more decoration, I glued a pretty little red bow on each of the 3 circle panels (made with a die from Tim Holtz Funky Festive die set). 

 



I think it turned out very colorful and cheerful, so I’m happy.

 

Blessings,

Annie



No comments:

Post a Comment