Monday, January 4, 2021

Book Card Fun

 

Annie’s Ink-Lings



Besides stamping, another thing I love to do is read.  I'm in a real comfort zone when I'm snuggled under an afghan in my rocking recliner, my kittie KoKo curled and dozing in my lap, in front of a warm fire, and a delicious mocha and a good book in hand.  Oh, so warm and comfy, I lose track of time.

Books are the theme of today's card, brought on by the donation of a super bag of books to our church library.  As church librarian, I always like to send a card of thanks to the thoughtful doner of the books.  This is the first time I have used this stamp set by Taylored Expressions, called "In Other Words - Read."  I love the sentiments in this set,  and I especially love the sentiment I used on this card.


This is an A2 top-folded card; notice the rounded corners.  The stack of books was stamped on white card stock and colored with Copic Markers.  Next I fussy cut the image and used 3D tape to mount it on the yellow-dotted panel.  I really like how the three black acrylic dots add to the design by filling some of the space on the aqua blue panel.


Also, for the first time, I used a border from Pretty Pink Posh "Scallop Borders 2."  I am really pleased with the look of the stitched scallop border.  It's such a nice finished look.  Here's the recipe for making this card.  I hope you will try the design with whatever stamps you choose.

Measurements & Card Stock
Black Card Base 4 1/4” X 11, top fold and round corners.
Black Decorative Paper 4 1/8” x 5 3/8”, round corners.
Black Card Stock Panels, cut one of each size, 4 1/8” x 3” and 2 3/8” x 6”
Aqua Decorative Paper 4” x 2 13/16”
Yellow Dot Card Stock 2 ¼” x 5 ½”
Sentiment Panels: Black Card Stock 2 ¼” x 1 3/8”
White Card Stock 2 1/8” x 1 ¼”

Tools
Taylored Expressions #TEMS75 In Other Words - Read
Pretty Pink Posh Scallop Borders 2
Crop-a-Dial Corner Rounder
Black Acrylic Dots
Copic Markers:   Lemon Yellow Y13
                            Acid Yellow Y08
                            Cool Shadow BG10
                            Aqua Blue BG01
                            Mustard Y26
Black Momento Ink Pad

I hope you've enjoyed today's card.  Let me know what you think of it.
Blessings,
Annie







4 comments:

  1. Fro one keen reader to another, I couldn't agree with the sentiment of your card more Annie - you can never have too many books! I am definitely trying to read more this year - I'm on my third book already, so hoping I can keep up the momentum all year long! I love the way the panel your stack of books is on reminds me of a bookmark too. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week and sharing your creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your response. So happy to meet another book lover. I'm nearly finished with my second book and have already accumulated a stack to read. I appreciate that you like my card. It was fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this stack of books. That is a goal of mine in the New Year to find more time to read! The mix of patterns is fantastic and the sentiment is perfect. So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much and I'm glad you like the card, Claire. This is the first time I have entered a card. I hope to be able to do it again.

    ReplyDelete