Monday, March 8, 2021

Dahlia Birthday Wishes

 

Annie’s Ink-Lings




We have a friend who is wild about Dahlias.  He spends hours upon hours doing all that is necessary to keep them in beautiful bloom for the whole season.  And then he faithfully digs up the bulbs in the fall, divides, sorts, labels, and packages them for the next spring.  Frankly, I have never seen such a variety of Dahlias in any one person's yard.  Believe me, it's exquisite!  With that in mind, I decided to make a Dahlia themed birthday card for him.  Although I'm sure he would be pleased with any color of Dahlia, I decided to go with a more neutral, masculine look for the card.  Take a look.


For background, I added a black panel.  On top of that I added a panel cut from Graphic 45 Good 'ol Sports collection. I thought a border would look nice around the flower, so I fussy cut the Dahlia and then traced it onto a piece of card stock, cut it out, and then mounted the Dahlia onto it.  I like the added dimension.  I also mounted the striped panel for added character.


For continuity, I carried over to the inside of the card a striped panel and the die cut that matches the front of the card.  I can hardly wait to send it to him!

Supplies:
Stampin' Up Regarding Dahlias stamp set
Stampin' Up Wonderful Floral Framelits Dies
Stampin' Up Stampin' Blends:  Light and Dark Petal Pink, Light and Dark Daffodil Delight

Sentiments from:
Stampin' Up Dandelion Wishes
Stampendous Love Health Friends CRL249

Thanks for checking in, friends.
Blessings,
Annie



No comments:

Post a Comment