Monday, November 8, 2021

Hey Chick - Happy Birthday from One Chick to Another

 

Annie’s Ink-Lings



One of my dear friends asked me if I would show her how to cut and paste pictures. So there we were looking at cards in Pinterest. She made a fuss over the cards made with the Stampin' Up chickens.  We spent some time just looking and laughing at all the cards we could find using the chickens stamps. I knew right then that the birthday card I would make for her would have to be with the chickens.  My inspiration came from a card I saw at Beth's Paper Crafts.

For the front of the card, I stamped the sentiments on small white paper strips, cut them to size, and adhered them with foam tape.  All of the images are glued in place.  



Stamp a sentiment on the little sign after you die cut.  On the inside of the card, I added a slight shading on the ground under the chicken and the sign.



Stamp the four chicken images with Memento black ink on the white card stock and die cut.  I used Barn Door Distress Ink to lightly shade the three chickens for the front of the card.  For the chicken inside the card, I used Mustard Seed Distress Ink.  For the chicken combs and the cupcake, I used Stampin’ Blends Real Red.

Measurements and Card Stock
Light Blue Card Base 8” x 9”, scored at 4”, then fold.
Red Card Stock Layer 3 7/8” x 8 7/8”, adhere to card base.
White Card Stock Panel 3 ¾” x 8 ¾”, cut 2 (one for the inside)
Extra White Card Stock for stamping images

Die Cuts for the Card

  • 3 corn stalks from a shade of green and 3 more from a darker shade of green
  • 7 corn husks from the darker shade of green and 7 corn cob pieces from yellow
  • 3 picket fences, 1 sign and 1 chicken wire from light brown or tan card stock
  • 2 streamers from light blue card stock (the same color as the card base)

 Thank you for coming to

Annie's Inklings today!





No comments:

Post a Comment