Monday, November 15, 2021

Wreath of Thanksgiving




 

Annie’s Ink-Lings


Stepping out of the box, I wanted my Thanksgiving Day cards to be a color scheme out of the ordinary – but not too far out. Blue always goes well with orange, but I wanted to go beyond the normal, so I chose a dark turquoise card stock that had a pre-embossed pattern on it. The center decorative card stock strip was just the perfect match and a nice way to add a little more detail and eye appeal.

 

I die cut the wreath in a shade of brown and one of tan, gluing them together, one on top of the other. I used the same colors for the bow, but die cut an extra one out of the dark turquoise card stock, then layering the three colors together, with the dark turquoise one on top.  To the center of the bow, I gued a golden brown sequin.  It’s a fun and simple card but still projects a card with lots of interest. It’s really fun to combine an assortment of dies.  I hope you've gotten a few ideas or inspiration from today's post.

Card Stock Dimensions
Orange Card Base 5 ½” x 8 ½”, score and fold in half
Dark Turquoise Layering Panel 4” x 5 3/8”
DP Narrow Center Panel 2” x 5 78”
White Card Stock for Label

Supplies
Honey Bee Grapevine Wreath & Bow die
Impression Obsession Pumpkin Patch dies
Memory Box Small Garden Sprig die
Small Leaves Stem Punch  
Spellbinders Labels Two dies
Dolphin Song Happy Thanksgiving stamp
Black Dye Ink
Sequin

Thank you for coming to

Annie's Inklings today!









No comments:

Post a Comment