Saturday, September 17, 2011

A New Card Folding Technique

A while ago I saw some really gorgeous patterned card stock from My Mind's Eye and I thought to myself, it's just too pretty to cut up into pieces, and what could I do to use the whole sheet.  I must have spent a half hour or 45 minutes  looking at the different patterns and trying to figure this out.  Finally, the light bulb clicked on (pardon the cliche), and this is what I came up with.  It's really fun to experiment with the different patterns.  If you decide to try it, I'd  love it if you emailed a picture to me. 


Front of card (card closed with flaps folded in).  The finished card measures 6x6.

Start with a 12x12 patterned piece of card stock, best when the pattern looks right side up when you also turn the card stock completely around.  Fold in half in both directions.  Cut and remove the top left portion.  Cut 1/3 rounded slice from the top right portion - on the inside (left).  Stamp a variety of leaves and glue around the cut out.   I used Stampin' Up set 106346 called Gently Falling.

Card with the top flap folded up.  When you stamp a sentiment on the inside flap, be sure to have the top flap closed so that you will have the right placement for when the card is closed up.  Here  I used Autumn Blessings from Rubbermoon.

Inside of card with right flap open.  I used the cut out portion on the inside and glued on a few stamped leaves to finish it off.
 Well, that it, friends.  Hope my directions make sense.  Shoot me an email if you have a question.
Autumn blessings to everyone, Annie



No comments:

Post a Comment