Saturday, September 3, 2011

Star Book of Christian Symbols

Hey there, handmade book enthusiasts, I need some help!  I've been busy making a star book and have reached the point of adding a cover and tying ribbon.  But guess, what?  I can't think of a name to put on the cover.  All the while I was making the sections, I was racking my brain for a perfect title.  It seems all of my creative juice went into the pages, as my mind keeps coming up blank.  If you have a suggestion or two, I'd sure like to hear them.
I've made several star books, but this is the first one I've done in monochromatic colors for each section.  To add continuity to the sections, I used the format of using the same embossing folder background, Iris Folding, diecuts, and punches.  Also, the symbols are in order so that they portray biblical events in a chronological order according to the Bible.  Just can't tell you how much I loved working on this book.  So . . . why does a book title elude me?  The dimensions are listed at the bottom of this post in case you'd like to make one this size.  To see a larger view, just click on the picture.  Hope you like it.

Numbers 21:8, John 3:14-15

Matthew 3:16-17

Matthew 4:19

Luke 9:22

Matthew 28:18-20

James 1:12, Revelation 2:10 
Inside layer - 4 x 7 1/2; second layer - 4 x 8 1/2; third layer - 4 x 9 1/2; fourth layer - 4 x 11; the black inset between 3rd & 4th layers - 4 x 3. Most star books are made with only 3 layers, but I've been wanting to do this style for a long time.  Finally!
Wishing you a blessed week.  Until next time . . .
Annie



2 comments:

  1. Ann, that is absolutely beautiful! Hope I can see it in person at a future Stamp Camp. As for a title - hmmm???

    ReplyDelete