Being a bit overcast ouside today led me to make some cheerful time inside. So - card making is the name of the game. I really like this Banner Strip card because when you lift the little banner strips, there is a secret message behind. I also added a white card stock layer to the back where I could stamp a regular message, add a note, and sign my name. Let me know what you think!
Here are some directions for you. Hopefully they are easy to follow:
Green card stock panel 4 ½” x 5 ¾”
Orange card stock panel 4 ¼” x 5 ½”
Pattern paper panel 4 x 5 ¼”
Orange card stock banner 4 ½” x 1”
White card stock banner 3 ½” x 7/8”
Sizzix/Hero Arts Stamp & Die Cut Set – Floral #657776
3 Small Sentiment Stamps
Martha Stewart Leaf Sprig Punch
¾” Square Punch
Glue Bottle and Glue Pen
Small Ruler and Pencil
Extra Green CS for Leaves
Extra White CS for Stamping
Distress Ink Pads – Tattered Rose, Barn Door, Fired Brick
Black Ink Pad
1. Attach PP to orange panel. Set aside.
2. With the orange banner strips, score at ½” on one end of each and fold.
3. Make a notch on the other end by lining the punch at an angle to form a notch. Punch the other two plus the 3 white banner strips.
4. At approximately ½” from the left side, stamp a different sentiment on each of the white banners using a black inkpad.
5. On the assembled panel on the right side, make a tick mark 3/8” down from the top of the PP and another tick mark 3/8” up from the bottom of the PP.
6. Glue the orange banners one at each tick mark and the third centered between the other two.
7. On the inside of the orange banners, glue the white sentiment banners about 1/8” from the fold.
8. Punch 7 leaves from the green CS.
9. Using the large and small flower stamps, stamp one set on white paper using each of the 3 inkpads.
10. Die cut with the Big Shot. Lightly curl up the petals.
11. Working on the left side of the card with the banners laying flat in place, put glue on only the bottom ¾” of a small flower and glue it to the PP. The ¼” top of the flower should overlap the first banner at the bottom of the banner. This will hold the banner closed.
12. Put glue on the center portion of a large flower, between the second and third banners, and glue it to the PP, leaving the top and bottom petals loose. This will hold those banners in place.
13. Glue the remainder of the flowers and the leaves as shown in the sample.
14. Attach the jewels to the center of the flowers.
Until next time.