Thursday, October 5, 2017

Clear Card with Strawberries

Hello again,
Fresh strawberry season is almost over and I so wanted to make this card earlier in the season, so I could send out a few.  Alas, it kept getting putting aside.  Finally I have completed a couple of them and plan to mail them tomorrow.  I saw a card similar to this on Pinterest, which first got me interested.  I had no idea how to make an acrylic sided card so I was very thankful for the video that was provided.  That video can be found here.  However I made several changes that made it easier for me to put the card together.  Here is my version of the card and directions follow.



1. White cardstock – Cut a piece 6 1/2 x 4 1/4.  Score at 1 inch. 
 Fold at the score line.

2. Clear acrylic – Cut a piece 5 1/2 x 4 1/4.  Adhere to the top of the 1” flap of the white cardstock.

3. Cut 4 pieces of coordinating designer paper 1 x 4 1/4 inches. Adhere one to the front 1” flap and the 2nd piece to the inside of the 1” top flap, so that they are back to back.

4. At the bottom of the acrylic sheet, adhere the 3rd piece on the front and the 4th piece on the inside, back to back.

5. Adhere one large and one small strawberry and the leaves to the acrylic sheet on the left side.  

6. On the front and back of the acrylic sheet glue the matching 
strawberries and leaves, matching up the shapes. 

7. Stamp your sentiment on a small white decorative piece of card stock and attach to the right side of the card base.  Make sure the placement is pleasing to the eye and not behind the strawberries.  The sentiment should be seen through the acrylic sheet when the card is closed.

8. Or, you can stamp the sentiment directly onto the card base.

Hope you will give it a try and find that the directions are easy to follow.

Blessings,
Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment