Saturday, August 18, 2018

I'm Crazy for the Crazy Birds!


Annie’s Ink-Lings


Hi Stampers,

I don't know why I ignored these little guys for so long.  Then all of a sudden, it seemed, I fell in love with Tim Holtz' Crazy Birds.  Whenever I look at their little faces, I just have to smile.  The images are so versatile that you can stick one of these little birds almost anywhere.  The card I'm sharing today is a "from scratch" flip card featuring one of these little fellas.  I have a flip card die, but when I came across directions for making one from scratch, I just had to give it a try.  Rather than attempting to repeat the directions here, I'm referring you to the directions on this blog.  Thank you, Allison Cope, for making the easy-to-follow directions available.





Here are the supplies I used:

Tim Holtz Alterations Bird Talk clear stamps  #561218
Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 8 #S5-019
    I used the second from the smallest die to cut the design paper on which to layer the bird.
    I used the third from smallest die to form the flip card.
Distress Inks to color the bird:  Spiced Marmalade, Shabby Shutters, Pine Needles
Ranger Enamel Accents, Black:  for the eyes
Echo Park Paper Co. Designer Dies:  Festive Fall #EPPDIE32 for the leaves.  I die cut two sets of
    leaves, layering one set on top of the other.  This gives the leaves a bit more dimension.
Hot Off the Press clear stamps:  Just a Little Greeting #HOTP1121 Happy Birthday

Measurements:
Card Base:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2"
Striped designer paper panel:   2" x 5 1/4"
Checkered designer paper panel:  4" x 5 1/4"
White panel:  1 3/4" x 5 1/4"

Since I didn't have a word bubble small enough to fit the card, I stamped the sentiment, then drew the bubble with a black pen, and cut it out.

Now it's your turn to do some fun card making.

Blessings,
Annie


No comments:

Post a Comment