Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Christmas Collage Card


Annie’s Ink-Lings




Hello and happy December!

Don't you just love it when it is time to make Christmas cards.  I was searching through my supply of Christmas stamps looking for something a little different and something that I hadn't used for a long time.  What I found is this stamp set from Hero Arts called
Holiday Poste de Luxe Christmas Postoid.  Aha!  I have always loved to do collage cards and haven't done that technique in a while, this set is the one I chose for this card.  Although Hero Arts has retired it, you can still find it at Ebay.  Here's a picture of the finished card.


The card base is actually a pale green, although the picture shows a yellow tinge to it.  I stamped several of the elements individually and then trimmed them to size.  Some of the elements were just randomly stamped on the card base and also on one square piece of card stock which I first stamped with a shadow stamp.  The Celebrate the Season postoid was stamped, trimmed with postage stamp scissors, and then layered onto a piece of green card stock.  I also used the shadow stamp on the card base four or five times.  It's easy to get carried away when doing collage and just so much fun!  The final touch was adding a gold star brad at the top of one of the Christmas trees.  Here's a look at this great stamp set.


Thank you and blessings,
Annie




No comments:

Post a Comment