Saturday, May 16, 2020

Bible Illustrating and Journaling - Joshua 1:1-5



Annie’s Ink-Lings




Joshua 1:9

 After the death of Moses, the servant of the Lord, it came to pass that the Lord spoke to Joshua the son of Nun, Moses’ assistant, saying:  ‘Moses My servant is dead. Now therefore, arise, go over this Jordan, you and all this people, to the land which I am giving to them—the children of Israel.  Every place that the sole of your foot will tread upon I have given you, as I said to Moses.  From the wilderness and this Lebanon as far as the great river, the River Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites, and to the Great Sea toward the going down of the sun, shall be your territory.  No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life; as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you nor forsake you.



Have you ever wondered why God gave the Hebrews the Promised Land?  Originally it was given to Abraham, but over the years was taken over by the Amorites, Jebusites, Hittites, Hivites, Canaanites, and Perizzites.  The Lord worked among those people for four hundred years but they rejected Him and never accepted Him as their God.  Instead, they worshiped the false god Moloch by offering their babies as sacrifices to him and practiced indescribably aberrant sexual lifestyles.  God waited four hundred years for them to repent and turn from their wicked ways.  Finally, God was done waiting on them.  God first called Moses to lead the Israelites from Egypt to the Promised Land.  Moses appointed Joshua to take over for him as he was dying.  When Joshua, leading the children of Israel, arrived at the Jordan River at the place to cross over to the Promised Land, this is the commission that God gave to him:
“After the death of Moses, the servant of the Lord, it came to pass that the Lord spoke to Joshua the son of Nun, Moses’ assistant, saying:  ‘Moses My servant is dead. Now therefore, arise, go over this Jordan, you and all this people, to the land which I am giving to them—the children of Israel.  Every place that the sole of your foot will tread upon I have given you, as I said to Moses.  From the wilderness and this Lebanon as far as the great river, the River Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites, and to the Great Sea toward the going down of the sun, shall be your territory.  No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life; as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you nor forsake you.’”  Joshua 1:1-5 NKJV

Isn’t that just the most wonderful story!  I love reading and studying biblical history.

Blessings,
Annie



No comments:

Post a Comment