Thursday, May 7, 2020

Theater Fold Card


Annie’s Ink-Lings




I was really excited when I discovered a new fancy fold, which was created by a French card maker, Lolascrap & Compagnie.  It is called a Theater Fold Card.  Alas, her tutorial listed the measurements in centimeters.  I am almost hopeless when it comes to converting centimeters to inches.  So, you can imagine how happy I was when I finally found a tutorial with measurements in inches.  Okay!  Now to get on with making a card.

I must confess that it took a bit for me to figure out how to fit all the pieces together.  I watched several videos before I finally had a breakthrough.  And then I told myself, well it wasn’t as difficult as I thought it would be. Right!

The first picture shows the card closed and the second picture is the card open.  Each side pulls out like the opening of stage curtains.






As you can see in the open window, there is a slider strip with a sentiment panel attached.




The third picture is a view looking down onto the inter mechanisms of the card.




The fourth picture is a side view which shows the bracket that the “curtain” slides through.  You can also see how the slider strip sentiment is held in place.

Here are links to three really good video tutorials.  I couldn't have made this card without the help of their videos.  Many thanks to Nancy, Sara, and Tiffany.

Nancy's Nifty Notes by Nancy Hoetker

Sara Levin, Theartfulinker

Pretty in Paper Crafts with Tiffany Almeida

Measurements:
1.      Cut card stock pieces in same color:
a.     (cut 2) 4-¼” x 5-1/2”
b.     (cut 2) 4-1/8” x 5-3/8”
i.                    For these two panels, score in landscape at:  1-1/8 and 2-5/8”
c.      (cut 2) ¾” x 6-1/4” (brackets for sliding panels)
i.                    Score in landscape:  1” and 5-1/4”
d.     For the popup sentiment slider strip.
(cut 1) 1-1/4” x 4-1/4”
i.                    Place strip at ½” in landscape, cut ¼” in from top and bottom.
Turn the strip and repeat on the opposite end.
ii.                  Place the strip in portrait and cut from the bottom of one cut
to the top of the other.  Repeat on the opposite side.
2.     Cut designer paper:  4” x 5“
3.     Cut designer paper for inside:  3-1/8” x 4-1/8”
4.     Use a rectangle die to cut the aperture in the front panel that has an
opening of 3-1/8” x 1-7/8”.

Tools
3/4" circle punch
Spellbinders Nestabilities A2 Matting Basics A or any frame die of appropriate size as mentioned above.
Big Shot

Tips
When watching the videos, pay close attention to how the slider strip is made and inserted.  Also notice that the brackets are glued to the back of the front frame panel.

Although you may find this Theater Fold a bit challenging, I really hope you will give it a try.  You won't be sorry!

Blessings,
Annie



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Cindy. Be sure to let me see a picture if you make this card.

      Delete