Sunday, June 21, 2020

Bible Illustrating and Journaling - Luke 1:35


Annie’s Ink-Lings



The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High 
will overshadow you.  So the baby born to you will be holy, and 
He will be called the Son of God.
Luke 1:35

I had one of those "aha" moments during my bible study the other day.  Do you remember the old hymn that says, "What can wash away my sin? Nothing but the blood of Jesus." We know that when Jesus shed his blood on the cross, He paid the ultimate sacrifice for our sins. We know that He is God's one and only Son, and that all His life He was holy and pure, just the same as His heavenly Father. But . . . did you ever consider all the other details that made the blood of Jesus different? If you will bear with me, we're going to have a little biology lesson.
"Although a fetus gets its nutrients from, and grows in the placenta of its mother, it never takes a single drop of the mother's blood because at the moment of conception it begins the process of producing its own blood supply, which is genetically influenced by the blood of the father. Therefore, only One born of a virgin would have blood untainted by humanity. These is only One Man who has been born of a virgin: Jesus Christ." (Jon Courson's Study Bible.)

That is so amazing! I'm so thankful that God keeps bringing enlightenment to me as I study the bible.  

This is a tip-in that I made for my Inspire Bible.


I dearly love starting everyday with bible study.  There isn't a better way to start the day -- in my humble opinion. 💖

Blessings,
Annie


No comments:

Post a Comment