Friday, July 3, 2020

Poppy Power


Annie’s Ink-Lings



Hello and happy Independence Day!

Although presently we are living in a time of restrictions, I am very thankful that I am able to get outside and work in my flower beds and just enjoy the beauty that I see there.  As one or two kinds of flower blooms gently fade away, there are others who are revealing their glory.

For the most part, the Poppy blooming season is over.  Every morning, with great expectation, I would rush to a window overlooking the back yard to see how many more had burst into bloom.  Can’t help it friends, I just really get excited when any of my flowers bloom.

These are the thoughts that led me to making the two cards I’m sharing today.  Actually, these Hero Arts Poppy stamps are ones that have been around for a long time, but I never tire of using them.  



The first card base is 8 ½ x 6 inches. The background of this card was created by using the Hero Arts stamp set called Poetic Petals, LL582.  With the Hero Arts Engraved Flower, CG141, I stamped on an off-white piece of card stock and then I colored the Poppy with Copic Markers:  RV55, RV06, RV25, R39, Y08, B39, YG03, followed by fussy cutting.  I die cut two leaves from the Spellbinders Shapeabilities, Assorted Leaves S4-076 and one fern leaf using a Sizzix punch.  A six inch piece of lace was adhered across the bottom of the card using Score Tape.


This card base is 8 ½ x 5 ½ inches.  The first layer is 3 ½ x 5 3/8 inches; second layer 3 ½ x 4 ¾ inches.  The lace is 4 ¼ inches.  The Poppy was colored with the same Copic Markers listed above and I used the same die and punch for the leaves.  The sentiment is from Stampin’ Up Avant-Garden.

Thank you for letting me share with you.

Blessings,
Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment