Monday, September 14, 2020

Violets for You Card

 

Annie’s Ink-Lings



Hello and thank you for checking out my blog post today.  

While straightening up my studio, I came across a bin where I keep odds and ends of left over card parts, extra stamped off images, and such.  First thing I discovered was this image and that's how I came up with the A4 card I'm sharing today.  I had forgotten all about having this extra image.

This is an older stamp from Penny Black and may not be available anymore.  However, any violets stamp would work.  I used 4 shades of Copic Markers to color the flowers, two shades of green for the leaves, then a darker shade of green for the curly vines.  The rounded corners of the flower panel are really showcased on the dark purple panel.  I cut some 1/4 inch strips from the same color card stock as the second layering panel and glued them diagonally to the bottom right side of the card.  After stamping the For You sentiment, I added three sequins to add some embellishment interest.  It was really quick and simple, and I'm pleased with the result.  Looking forward to seeing what else is in that bin!

What treasures have you put away and forgotten about?  Happy Browsing!

Blessings,
Annie




No comments:

Post a Comment