Friday, February 5, 2021

Toile Winter Card

Annie’s Ink-Lings



I just noticed that my Chinese Red Bud tree is bursting out with flower buds and it suddenly gave me spring fever.  So, I'm thinking this might be my last winter theme card.

I love this toile paper that I purchased from Scrapbook.com.  It brings back memories of my childhood days during the winter months.  A slimline card is just the thing to showcase this beautiful paper.


I like the look of the small tag mounted horizontally between the two images because it draws attention to the long vertical tag.  A little acrylic dot placed on each of the images gives a bit of dimension to the card.  

I didn't have a sentiment the size I wanted so I used my computer to make one.  I like the larger size to help fill the white space of the slimline card.  Also, to give some color to the inside of the card, I place a strip of the dotted card stock on the left side of the sentiment.  A nice finishing touch, I think.  Measurements and info below.

Supplies
White Card Base White - 7” x 8 1/2”; on the 7” side, score at 3 ½”.
White Panel Layer - 3 3/8” x 8 3/8”
Red with White Dots Banner DSP - 2” x 8 ½”; use Stampin' Up Banner Triple 
     Punch on the end
Red with White Dots Strip for inside card - 1 1/8” x 9” (will need to trim end to 
     fit inside sentiment panel)
Computer generated sentiment: Everything is More Fun With a Friend!
Stampin’ Up Snow Place Stamp Set “Let It Snow!” #139738 
Stampin' Up Corrugated Embossing Folder
We are Memory Keepers Banners Dies 03815-3
Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Circles Dies #LC-001
Tim Holtz Stitched Circles Dies #662229 
Red Acrylic Dots
Hand Held Punch 1/2"
3D Tape

Directions
1. Stamp the Let it Snow in red on the white card stock strip. Trim to fit the red
     label.
2. Glue the Decorative Paper circles onto the red die cut circles.
3. Run the white panel through a corrugated roller tool if you choose.  If you
      corrugate the white panel, you will need to trim the card base 1/8”. 
      Also trim the dotted panel 1/8”. 
4. Adhere all the pieces to the card base as shown on the sample.
5. Adhere narrow dotted strip to left side of sentiment panel before adhering the 
     panel inside card base.
6. Hand punch two ½” circles from red card stock. Glue one on each of the 
     Decorative Paper circles. Glue a red crystal on each one.

Thanks for viewing my card.

Blessings,
Annie




No comments:

Post a Comment