Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Hidden Popup Card

 

Annie’s Ink-Lings



Long before the time I spent living on Samish Island in Washington State, I had developed a love of all things pertaining to the sea - sea shells, sea gulls, beaches, boats, the sound of fog horns from the barges that passed by.  So when I came across a sea-themed card made by Chantelle Pridgeon, I just had to give it a go.  You can see her card here, with directions to the original.  It's really a great design and so pretty.  I made my card a little different, so I have added my measurements below.  Here is my version.

These next pictures of the open card reveal the the first popup.




This picture shows the second popup.


And finally some small popups, one on each side of the second popup.

I love Graphic 45 paper, so the Call of the Sea paper pad was the perfect choice.  Even though there are a lot of paper pieces to cut, I had so much fun making this card. Now I'm excited to make another one except to use regular decorative papers and my own stamped images. 

Measurements
1.  White base 6"x 12", score at 6".
2.  First DP panel 5 3/4" x 5 3/4" (cut 4, one for card back)
3.  Second DP panel 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" (cut 4, one for card back)
4.  White base popup panel 6" x 6", score at 3", then turn and score at 3" again.  Turn panel and score once diagonally from tip to tip.
5.  Small blue panel 2 7/8" x 2 7/8" (cut 4); cut 2 of them diagonally.
6.  For the striped paper cut 2 at 2 1/2" x 2 1/2", the cut each one diagonally.
7.  Note Panel 2 3/4" x 5 1/2" (cut 2), fold in half.
8.  White panels for stamped image and sentiment 2 1/4" x 2 1/4" (cut 2)
9.  Popup hinge for note 1/2" x 4", score at 1", 2", and 3"

If you have any questions, please let me know.  Thanks for taking the time to look at my card.

Blessings,
Annie

 

No comments:

Post a Comment