Friday, September 17, 2021

Tower Pinwheel Card

 

Annie’s Ink-Lings



Well, I finally did it.  With all those tower pinwheel cards showing up everywhere, I finally made one of my own during a card making afternoon with some friends.  I was surprised at just how easy it is to put the pinwheel base together.  The hardest part is deciding how to decorate it.  I love pink and I love flowers, so guess what?  Problem solved.  Take a look below.  

I used the same DP paper and die cut on each of the four left panels.  The sentiment was stamped right on the DP paper.  I made slits in the paper so the stem of the flower would slip behind the word Loved.

Here's a view of the next panel.  For the right panels, I alternated using striped DP paper and dotted DP paper.

Note that I used the same flower die on two of the panels, and again stamped the sentiment on the DP paper.

This is the fourth panel.  On this panel and the second panel, I used the same die cuts for embellishment.  Repeating elements is a great way to tie a multi-paneled card together.

If you haven't made a tower pinwheel card yet, I hope you give it a try.  It is really fun!

Measurements with Cutting Photo Below
Using an 8-1/2 x 11" sheet of card stock, make cuts as shown:
   1.  down the length at 5-1/2"
   2.  big piece, cut at 7"
   3.  rest of big piece, cut at 3"
   4.  long leftover piece, cut in half at 5-1/2"

For Base
5-1/2 x 7" - 1 piece, along 7" side, score at 1, 2, 3, and 4
5-1/2 x 3" - 3 pieces

For Panels
5-1/4 x 2-3/4" - 4 pieces
5-1/4 x 1-3/4" - 4 pieces

Here is a link to Lisa's Stamp Studio for a video.  I chose to arrange my large panels on the right and have the small panels on the left.  Lisa's are opposite.

Thank you for coming to
Annie's Inklings today!









No comments:

Post a Comment