Sunday, September 5, 2021

Masculine Three-Panel Card

 

Annie’s Ink-Lings



Hello again stamping friends!

I've taken a little summer break from my blog in order to spend more time outdoors to enjoy the beautiful sunny days.  It has been a real pleasure to spend time working in my flower beds, time in the pool, and just lounging on the deck reading a good book and sipping a cool drink.  But, now I'm hearing the call of the studio and I'm anxious to get back into paper crafting.

The card I have for you today is actually a very simple one, although it seems to be a really popular style right now.  I'm seeing these three-panel cards all over the stamping sites.

I wanted to try my hand at a three-panel card and had need of a masculine birthday card, plus I wanted to use the anchor DP that I had on hand, so this is what was created with these thoughts in mind.


The most important thing to remember when the cutting the patterned paper is to be sure to cut out the whole panel before you cut it into three panels.  This way you will be able to match your pattern when adhering it to the background panel.  Looking at the photo, you can see how the anchors match up from one panel to the next.  You can guess how I learned that!!  Trial and error. 😚 

One other thing to note is that I punched the label in both white and black.  I cut the black one in half and adhered the pieces to the ends of the white label.  Just enough black shows to nicely set off the label and the black brad made a perfect final touch.  Hope you enjoyed today's post.  Hope to see you at the next post!

Measurements and Supplies
White Card Base 4 ¼” x 11, fold at 5 ½.
Red Panel 4 “wide x 3 ¾” long
Diamond Check Paper 4” wide x 1 8/16” long
Cut 1 panel Anchor DP 3-3/8" wide x 3-3/4" long; then cut into three
    1-1/8" x 3-3/4" strips
Red Ribbon 9”(mine is 1" wide)
1 Black Brad
SU Story Label Punch
Scrap pieces of black and white
Stamping Up Story Label Punch

Directions
1. Top fold the card base.
2. Lay the red CS and the diamond check DP upside down,
        end to end, anchor together with tape.
3. Attach to card base.
4. Evenly space the anchor DP across the red CS.  Make sure you match up
       the pattern,
5. Wrap the ribbon entirely around the card front, covering the place where
       the two papers meet, and attach both ends to the front of the card.


Thank you for coming to
Annie's Inklings today!

No comments:

Post a Comment