Monday, June 16, 2014

Sending a Hug in Blue, Green, & Purple



 
After spending a "pleasant" morning with my dental hygienist, it seemed a good idea to relax in front of my computer and do another post to the blog.  Actually, it's always pleasant to visit Lona.  She's a delightful woman and I love her entertaining chit chat.  I believe she even understands my guttural responses. 

So here is what I have for you today.  I saw a card very similar to this one made by Michelle Woerner.  The cheerful and bright colors captivated me and I knew I just had to make one.  There were only a few card details, so I decided to write up some directions for future reference and now I'll share those with you so you can make the card, too.
 Directions
1.  Top fold an 11” x 5 ½” piece of card stock.
2.    Cut a 2”x6” strip of patterned paper.  Attach at an angle.  Trim sides.
3.    On the die cut label, use a dots stencil to sponge ink on it, starting in the upper left   corner, gradually fading the color as you move down.
4.    Stamp sentiment on the right side of the label about 1/3 of the way down from the top.
5.    Edge the label with a Wink of Stella clear glimmer brush.
6.    Lay label aside to dry.
7.    Curl ends of petals, then layer the lighter shade flower onto the darker shade flower.
8.    Next, layer the two smaller flowers onto the large flower, brush smallest flower with Wink of Stella clear glimmer brush, and finish off with a pearl in the center.
9.    Using a 10” piece of ribbon, tie a small bow.
10.Using a 15” piece of twine, tie a large bow.
     Final Assembly
1.    Attach the label slightly off center towards the right and glue the ribbon bow on the right side of the label.
2.     On the left side of the label, glue the twine bow in place with the flower on top.
3.     Glue on the leaves and the flourish.
Tools:
Punch:  EK Success Swirl Flourish Punch
Dies:  Cheery Lynn Designs Large Leaves #2
              Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Two
                  Tim Holtz Alterations Tattered Florals  


No comments:

Post a Comment