Saturday, November 8, 2014

Celebrating Thanksgiving!

Hi Card Makers,

Do you love Thanksgiving as much as I do?  I remember to be thankful all through the year, but in November it's especially fun because I get to make Thanksgiving cards and send them out.  Actually I started making these particular cards in October so I would have them ready for my card class.  I have several more designs I want to try and time is flying by!


Ribbon Leaf Card
This card idea came from Pinterest, although mine looks a little different as I used an embossing folder and leaf die that I had on hand.  So don't be concerned if you don't have exactly what I used.  Happily, you can use whatever you have and it will still look great, including the ink pad colors!  For a different effect, you could use Washi tape or strips of several colors of card stock.

Craft Card Base:  8 1/2 x 5 1/2", top folded
Craft Panel:  5 1/4 x 4"
Various colors and widths of Ribbon
Sizzix Textured Impressions Embossing Folder - Dots
Cheery Lynn Designs Die - Large Leaves #2
Fresco Chalk Ink Pad - Tuscan Earth
Brilliance Ink Pad - Moonlight White

Die cut the leaf in the lower right side of the panel.  Emboss, then lightly sponge with Moonlight White.  Distress edges with Tuscan Earth.

Turn panel over and run a tape runner around the leaf cutout.  Lay pieces of ribbon across the cutout, alternating colors and widths.  About 1" from the top of the panel, adhere the ends of a piece of red ribbon to the backside of the panel.  Adhere the panel to the card base.

Make a small tag and stamp with a sentiment.  Punch a 1/8" hole at the top of the tag and tie it to the left center of the red ribbon with Bakers Twine.  Make a red ribbon bow and use a glue dot to glue the bow onto the ribbon.  Stamp a sentiment inside.

Apple Wreath Card
Here is a card using the Apple Wreath stamp set from Our Daily Bread Designs.  I stamped it once on green card stock and then stamped the apple section onto red card stock.  Both the wreath and the apples were hi-lighted with color pencils and then cut out.  The wreath is layered onto the polka dot panel but I used mounting tape for the apples.  This card is also a top folded card, 4 1/4 x 5 1/2.








The  cute little pumpkin on this card is stamped, colored, cut out, and then mounted over the ribbon and embossed background which has been distressed with a light grade of sandpaper.  I really like the writing of the Happy Thanksgiving stamp.

Pumpkin - PSX Stamps
Happy Thanksgiving - Rubber Soul
Tim Holtz Alterations Embossing Folder - Thanksgiving Background 





I was not successful in getting the background to show on the white panel on this card.  I used the Tim Holtz Alterations Hardwood Embossing Folder.  I wish you could see how great it looks.  If you have one of your own, then you know what I'm talking about it.  The leaf stamp is one of my favorites in my leaves collection.  It was made by The Rubbernecker Stamp Co.  I love how the red stands out on the white background.  I used dimensionals to make the leaf stand out even more. 
Among the many things I'm thankful for, I'm thankful for those of you who take the time to look at my blog and I'm thankful to be able to share with you.  Thanksgiving Day is only a couple of weeks away.  Remember this line from an old hymn, "Count your blessings, name them one by one . . . .)  I pray that your day is special and full of blessings.
Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment