"O little town of Bethlehem
How still we see thee lie
Above thy deep and dreamless sleep
The silent stars go by
Yet in thy dark streets shineth
The everlasting Light
The hopes and fears of all the years
Are met in thee tonight."
Now I know why I was so happy making this card. It made me think about how the Lord is our bright shining light and that all of us can have that light within us! Oh my goodness! Ok, back to how to make this card.
1. Card base – 9 x 5 3/4: fold in half
2. Front panel – 5 ½ x 4 ¼ emboss with embossing folder, layer onto card front.
3. Die cut 2 ovals – one from music paper and one from red card stock. Lightly distress the edge of the music piece and stamp a small sentiment in the center using a black ink pad.
4. Layer the music oval onto the red oval, slightly offset to the left. Center and layer onto embossed panel, but leave a bit of room on the left edge so that you can tuck the top ends of the streamers underneath.
5. Die cut lamppost from black card stock. Use a piece of light gold shimmer paper to back the lamp globe. Layer the lamppost onto the right side of the oval die cuts.
6. Adhere the holly and the berries to the lamppost.
7. Add the cat next to the lamppost and embellish with a small red flower.
8. On the left side of the ovals, adhere the streamers and bow.
9. Hi-light the berries and the flowers with Stickles – red or Stardust.
Memories Black Dye Ink
Tim Holtz Alterations die Holiday Lamppost
Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Ten
Memory Box die Precious Butterflies (used just the small bow section)
Memory Box die
Impression Obsession die Cats
Darice Embossing Folder Scrolls
I'll be back with another card tomorrow. Until then, happy stamping!