Brrrr, it's cold outside! What's a better time to stay cozy and warm inside and carry on with card making. I especially love making nativity Christmas cards and this die from Die-Namites is just perfect because I wanted only Baby Jesus, Joseph, and Mary in the scene. The palm trees are so cool. Looking at them brings back memories of when I visited Israel a few years ago. They grow in many areas there.
The front of the card is a white panel embossed with the Cuttlebug Three Kings folder. I like the idea of having the Wisemen on the front of the card because they are searching for the Savior. Open the card and surprise - there He is! LOL! Are you getting the idea that I like to tell a story with some of my cards. Well, after all, I'm our church librarian - reading is wonderful and helps the mind be creative and imaginative! Ok, back to the card. Here's a picture of the card front. The embossing doesn't show up very good in the pic, and it's really much prettier in person.
1. Outside card base – fold in half
2. Decorative paper panel – fold in half and put DS tape to only the sides of the decorative panel. Adhere the sides to the inside of the card base, trying to get the center folds to fit as closely as possible. Be sure to leave the center loose. Lay it aside.
3. Inside card base – score at 3½, 5½, and 7½ - Fold the card base so that you have one mountain fold, two valley folds.
4. Die cut in the center of the panel.
5. Score manger scene from the right side of the star and between the manger and Mary.
6. Adhere the bottom only of the manger scene behind the die cut frame.
7. Put DS tape all around both end panels of the inside card base.
8. Adhere to the outside card base.
9. Stamp the inside sentiment on a white panel, round the corners, and adhere to the right inside panel of the card.
10. Front of card – round corners of the white embossed panel and the light teal panel.
11. Layer them and then adhere them to the card front.
12. Use finger dauber to add a bit of ink to hi-light the embossed image.
13. Round the corners of the small white piece and the dark teal piece. Stamp sentiment onto the white, layer it onto teal, and then mount it to the left bottom of the card.
Card Base 11 x 4¼ (2 pieces) teal card stock
Light teal panel 5¼ x4
White front panel 5 1/8 x 3 7/8 (emboss on this one)
Outside sentiment panel: teal 2 x 7/8 and white 1 7/8 x ¾
Inside sentiment panel 2¾ x 1¾
Decorative Paper background panel 5¼ x 4¼
Cuttlebug Embossing folder - Three King
Die-namites die - Nativity Scene
Spellbinders Nestabilities - Labels One
Thanks for stopping by today.