Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Stepping it Up with Fall Cards

As much as I hate to admit it, Indian Summer is here, and autumn is creeping in.  Don't get me wrong, I love the seasons and I'm thankful to be living in an area that definitely has pronounced seasons.  It's just that I'm not yet ready for a change - just need a little more summer time.  By my own hand, I was forced into making a fall card because I joined a fall foliage swap.  You can see two of my creations here:


I sent the brown card for the swap.

Using an Impression Obsession die set, I cut the leaves from patterned paper matching the card base.  It's really a very simple design, but I love the effect of the patterned leaves.  I challenge you to just randomly pull some patterned paper from your stash, choose some coordinating card stock, and make one yourself.  Please leave a link where I can go admire it.

Blessings,
Annie

1 comment:

  1. Annie, this is beautiful. I've never been a fan of working with printed papers but this was impressive. When I first glanced at your post I thought the leaves on the brown card were a stamped and embossed design. Upon closer look I was impressed that it was a print.
    I have a few birthday and anniversary cards to do up in the next few days and you have just given me a great idea. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete