Tuesday, December 19, 2017

1 Peter Bible Study - John MacArthur


Hello friends, 

I just finished a great study on 1 Peter. Along with the bible I used the John MacArthur New Testament Commentary on 1 Peter, and my pastor's recent sermons. I didn't realize how much I was missing in 1 Peter until I did this study. The last paragraph at the end of the book says, 

"There is no shortcut to a Christian mind possessing those godly attitudes and motives Peter outlined. They will be perfected only as believers regularly and faithfully place themselves under the preaching, teaching, and study of God's truth and obediently allow His Word to change their hearts and shape their characters."

This is a very truthful reminder that we will never be in a closer relationship with God unless we study the bible, pray for understanding, listen to sermons, worship with other believers, and be active in developing our spiritual life. Just sitting at home and saying that, "Oh sure, I believe in God," isn't enough. "Even the demons believe—and tremble!" James 2:19  

I highly recommend reading this commentary.

Blessings, 

Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment