Sunday, July 21, 2019

Bible Journaling & Illustrating - 1 Thessalonians 5:24

Annie’s Ink-Lings




Journaling has been around for a long time, but for some reason it didn't appeal to me.  It seemed to me that it was like keeping a diary and I was never any good at that.  However, when I discovered bible illustrating, it opened up a whole new avenue of using my creativity and my love of studying the bible.  I found that it was a new way to study my bible and connect with God.  It naturally followed that I wanted to search out the true meaning of the bible verses that I was illustrating, plus the context, the background, the customs of the times.  Likewise, it naturally followed that I wanted to write down what I was learning from my studies and, of course, this led to journaling.  I very much would like to share with you my faith and creative journey.  I will be posting pages from both my Inspire Bible and pages that I create and keep in a 3-ring binder.   If you are inspired to take up bible illustrating and journaling, these are just a few of the benefits that will be yours.

                                              1.  Worship and praise God in a new way
                                              2.  Be encouraged to read your bible
                                              3.  Learn and share the truths of scripture
                                              4.  Helps you to memorize scripture
                                              5.  For spiritual growth
                                              6.  Gives pause for meditation
                                              7.  For fun and relaxation

For this week's bible verse study, I'm sharing a verse that I  did in November 2018.

I Thessalonians 5:24



 Our sanctification depends on God and He has promised to sanctify His followers.  If He has begun a work of grace in our hearts, we may depend on His faithfulness to complete it.  His faithfulness binds Him to fulfill His promises; therefore He will do it.

I am thankful that I can always count on God's word - it is true and unchanging - just like Him.

Blessings,
Annie


No comments:

Post a Comment