Friday, July 26, 2019

Pink Poppy Thanks


Annie’s Ink-Lings



I don't know what it is about poppies, but for some reason when I look at them they give me a "happy heart" boost.  Truly, it is really hard for me to resist purchasing another poppy stamp.  I have a friend who feels the same way about irises.  This sweet poppy is from the Simply Sketched stamp set from Stampin' Up.  After stamping the poppies on white card stock using a Ranger Archieval Ink pad, I heat set the ink to avoid any smearing of the black ink.  I used Copic Sketch Markers to color the poppies and finished the one off by putting small dots of black Enamel Accents in the center.  I fussy cut the image and adhered it to the card with foam tape for the 3-D effect that I like.  A few matching sequins in a somewhat triangular pattern perfectly tied everything together.


Measurements
Top-folding Card Base  11 x 4 inches
White Panel  5 x 3 3/8 inches
Pink Panel 3 3/8 x 1 3/4 inches
Green Panel 3 3/8 x 1 inch

Supplies
Simply Sketched stamp set from Stampin' Up
Ranger Archieval Ink Pad
Copic Sketch Markers #R81 Rose Pink, R85 Rose Red, and G94 Grayish Olive
Ranger Enamel Accents - Black Tie

This is an amazingly quick and easy card.  I'm planning on making one or two more of this style but using different flower stamps.  Thank you for letting me share with you today.

Blessings,
Annie



No comments:

Post a Comment