Monday, July 22, 2019

Fish are Jumping Over This Fancy Fold Card


Annie’s Ink-Lings





Are you up for a challenge?  I have to say that this card was a challenge for me, but I'm oh so glad that I didn't pass it by.  I have no idea of the name of the fold, so if anyone has a glue, please fill me in.  Cathy Derouche shared her pattern with me and she didn't have a name for it either.   So, for tracking purposes I'm going to call it a Triple Fold Shutter Card.  Scoring and cutting the base was actually easy.  The challenge was choosing colors, coordinating decorative paper, stamping and die cutting all the images and then coloring them with PrismaColor pencils, creating the fishing scene, and deciding on the layout.  Yes, there are a lot of steps.  But don't let me scare you off - I loved every minute of it.  I adhered the fishing scene panel with  foam tape to give it dimension.   All the other images and the die Happy Birthday were adhered with Aleene's Quick Dry Tacky Glue.  My pastor is a fisherman and I designed this card just for him.  I'm pretty sure he's going to like it.  Let me know what you think.


Here is the scoring and cutting pattern:



Card Stock and Paper Measurements
Blue Card Base 12" x 6", scored at 4" and 8".
Large Black Panel 5 3/4" x 4 3/4"
Designer Paper Panel 5 1/2" x 3 1/2"
Large White Panel 5 1/4" x 3 1/4"
Scene Panel 4" x 2 3/4"

These are the paper sizes for the four rectangle folds:
   Black 3 3/4" x 1 1/4"
   Designer Paper 3 3/4" x 1 1/8"

Supplies
Ink Pads:  Waterproof Black Ink, Memories Midnight Blue Dye Ink, Salty Ocean Distress Ink
PrismaColor Pencils:  PC923 Scarlet Lake,PC904 Light Ceruean Blue, PC940 Sable, PC951
          Metalic Copper, PC949 Metalic Silver
Aleene's Quick Dry Tacky Glue
Tape Runner
3-D Foam Tape
Stampin' Up Best Catch Stamp set and dies
Stampin' Up High Tide Stamp set - just the water stamp
Die-Versions Happy Birthday Die
Sizzix (Doodlebug Design/Hampton Art) Stamp & Die-cut - the small frame

I would love to see your card if you take the challenge, so please share.

Blessings,
Annie

4 comments:

  1. Love the card!! Don't have the fishing dies or stamps, darn. Perfect for guys B'days. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you like the card. If you are wanting masculine, you could also use car stamps, gearhead dies, and things like that. Maybe a saying like "You're a Classic!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a neat card. I have converted your design to use on my Cricut. I am also a follower of Jesus. May God bless you in a special way today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoAnn, that's wonderful that you know how to use your Cricut so well. I am still a novice. Even more wonderful, it blesses my heart that you shared being a follower of Jesus.

      Delete