Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Happy New Deer Standing Box Card

Annie’s Ink-Lings

Hello again,

I decided to take a break from Christmas and make one of another category.  Today's card is a happy new year card.  I can't recall ever making one before and I certainly don't know why.  Maybe because it is so close after Christmas.  Anyway, I bought this stamp a couple of years ago and I've never used it.  Actually, I have a number of things that I've purchased and haven't yet used.  The sad truth comes out!

For this card I decided to used the Standing Box Card fold again.  I made one about a month or two ago and posted it on my blog.

It was fun to make and I think it looks like a happy little card.  Just love the little deer.



First Section
Red Card Base  4 x 11 inches (on 11 inch side score @ ½, 2, 4, 5 ½ inches)
Tan Card Stock  3 ¾ x 5 ¼ inches
DSP  3 ½ x 5 inches

Second Section
Tan Card Stock  2 ¾ x 5 ½ inches (score @ ½, and 2 inches on long side)
Red Card Stock  2 ½ x 3 ¼ inches
DSP  2 ¼ x 3 inches

Top of Box Pieces
Red Card Stock  1 ¼ x 2 ½ inches
DSP 1 x 2 ¼ inches

Sentiment
Scrap of Tan Card Stock
Black Ink Pad
Happy New Deer by Inky Antics D3-0021-D
Stampin’ Up Small Scallop Oval Punch

Embellishments
EK Punch – Deer Head with Antlers
Impression Obsession Small Deer #DIE117-C
11 inches of Red Twine

Assemble First Section
1.  Score the long red panel and adhere the two layers to the 5 ½ inch section of the scored panel.  This is the top of the card.

2.  Fold up each of the scored sections and adhere the ½ inch section to the card front.

Assemble Section Section
3.  Score the tan panel, fold and adhere the two layers for each of the larger sections.  Adhere the strip to the red box and to the card front.

4.  Stamp sentiment on tan scrap piece and punch out.  Stick on a little red jewel.

5.  Either tie the red twine around one antler and make a bow or tie the bow and glue on to the antler.  Mount the antler and glue the sentiment piece to the front of the box section.

6.  Adhere the small deer die cuts to the top of the card a little to the right.

Wishing you many blessings in the new year,
Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment