Saturday, August 22, 2020

Bird Crazy Humor - Don't Ask Me!

 

Annie’s Ink-Lings



Hello there,

We all like a bit of humor in our lives.  Even more so now, with our physical distancing resulting in loneliness, sometimes depression, or just feeling sad and not knowing what to do with ourselves.  The idea came to me that perhaps I should add a new category to my card making - humor.  Yes, that's right, humor.  Maybe I could give those around me something to smile about, cause a chuckle or two, maybe even a laugh.  This is my first card in this new category.

For the individual words, I looked for stamps in my stash that had the words and style that I wanted to us.  Then stamped them on white card stock and cut them to size.  This is a great way to make a perfect phrase.


I love how the bird's eyes appear to be looking up at someone with the expression that says, "Don't ask me . . ." and then his follow up on the inside.

Did this cause a smile on your face?


The "twiggy" little branches actually are the off cuts from a wreath die.  These little bits and pieces are often just what you need for a project.  I always save them.
 

Take a look at the pebbles.  Here's a tip on how to make your pebbles exactly match a color in your card.  I just used a circle hand punch to punch 3 little circles from the yellow card stock, glued them into place, then covered them with a pebble.  So easy and so coordinated!  

Here's my product list:
Tim Holtz Bird Talk stamps & dies
Honey Bee Stitched Diamonds Dies
Off cuts from Cottage Cutz Build-a-Grpevine-Wreath
For the body:  Copic Markers B41 and B32
For the beak, legs & feet:  Copic Mark Y17
For the eyes:  Ranger Black Enamel Accents
Pebbles
For the inside sentiment:  computer generated
For the phrase:  individually stamped words from a variety of 
    sentiments stamps

It was so good to have you stop in today.  Come back soon to see my next humorous card.

Blessings,
Annie




No comments:

Post a Comment