Monday, August 3, 2020

Birthday Card for a Gardener

Annie’s Ink-Lings


 

 Hello and Welcome!

 The card I’m sharing with you today is one made straight from my heart – a birthday card for my son.  The theme of the card is gardening.  He inherited a love of gardening from his grandfather.  Beside having a green thumb, he is very artistic in laying out his garden with trellises, arbors, towers (which he builds himself), plots, and pots.  I was amazed when I saw his green bean plants growing across an arbor, with the green beans hanging down for easy picking.  Yes, I’m one of those proud mothers. 😊

 But let’s get back to card making.  Here's a look at the card.


Start with a white A2 size card base.

I used a Die-Namics die to cut a frame from white card stock, then sponged it with Brushed Corduroy and Frayed Burlap Distress Inks.  Next, I embossed it with Tim Holtz Woodgrain embossing folder.  The frame was layered over a decorative paper panel before adhering to the card base.

 All the images are from Art Impressions and Karen Lockhart and were stamped on white card stock then colored with Copic Markers.  Next came the fussy cutting and deciding about which ones to put in each of the frames.  

I especially love the little pot with Happy Birthday stamped on it.  It was adhered with 3-D tape so it would stand out from the others.  The sentiment in white was computer generated.

I hope you enjoyed the post today.  For me, stamping is the most fun when I’m making a card for a loved one.  

Blessings,

Annie




No comments:

Post a Comment