Sunday, May 2, 2021

Quilted Tulips Card

 

Annie’s Ink-Lings


I grew up with quilts in my life - on my bed, certain quilts set aside for outside use for picnics or going to the park, small quilts to wrap up in while watching TV on a winter evening.  That's probably giving away my age, isn't it? 😉 I still have a couple of quilts that I made in my younger days, quilts from my Mom, and quilts I inherited from my Grandmother that hold so many memories.  I'm guessing that that is the reason why I liked the designer paper so much, which I'm using for today's card.

I used the Stampin' Up Square Lattice Embossing Folder on the designer paper to give it some texture.  It made it look  almost like real quilting.  


 The designer paper was layered onto a white panel, then adhered to a pink panel that I had embossed with Stampin' Up Framed Tulips Embossing Folder.

To further carry the theme of tulips, I die cut a stem of tulips using the Memory Box Dancing Tulips die.  I first die cut it in green, then just die cut the tulip blossoms in pink and glued them onto the the green stem.

In my stash of ribbon, I found a pretty pink and green combination.  It was just the perfect embellishment and helped give balance to the card in relation to the sentiment in the lower right hand corner. 

Here's the Recipe
Card Base 5 ½” x 8 ½”Pink Panel 4 1/8” x 5 3/8”White Panel 3” x 4 ¼”
Designer Paper Panel 2 ¾” x 4 7/16”
20” Ribbon
Stampin’ Up Framed Tulips Embossing Folder
Stampin’ Up Square Lattice Embossing Folder
Stampin’ Up Fabulous Phrases Stamp Set
Memory Box Dancing Tulips
¾” Hole Punch
½” Hole Punch

If you don't have quilted designer paper, you can always make your own by choosing four to five papers with small designs and coordinating colors
Cut 1 1/2 inch squares from each of them.  You will need three squares across and two high.  Then adhere them to a white cardstock panel.  To make the panel fit inside the embossed tulip border, the measurements I used was 4 7/16 inches x 2 15/16 inches. Arrange the blocks to make your own beautiful quilt design!  Hope you give it a try and have lots of fun with it.

Blessings,
Annie


No comments:

Post a Comment