Thursday, August 15, 2019

Smile - You're on Camera!


Annie’s Ink-Lings





When thinking about making a birthday card for a friend who is a camera buff, I remembered that I have a cute camera embossing folder.  I remembered, too - quite happily, that I have a small camera stamp that would work perfectly with this theme.  My next thought was how can one take a picture of another without saying "smile," so out came my small smile stamp.  I also wanted to use some sort of birthday stamp on the front of the card, but sometimes it is difficult to get the right look when using two sentiments on the front.  Finally, I remembered that in my stash I have some slide mount elements.  Now those go back a ways!  Does anyone remember using them?  I first stamped the camera image randomly around the slide mount with black ink.  Next I cut a piece of red card stock and stamped the word "Smile" on it and then slid it into the frame.  If you don't have a slide mount element, you can make your own by following the directions that I have added below.  Card measurements and supplies are also listed there.





Measurements
Blue Card Base 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches
Red Layering Panel 5 1/4 x 4 inches
Blue Strip    4 x 1 1/2 inches
White Strip 4 x 1 1/4 inches

Supplies
Cameras Background Embossing Folder by Amy Tangerine of American Craft. 
It's Birthday Time by Make An Impression
Take Another Shot Stamp by Verses Rubber Stamps
Camera Stamp (Company Unknown) 
35mm Slide Mount (from Amazon)
Blue, Red, and White Card Stock
Black Ink Pad

Slide Mount
Cut two pieces of white card stock 2 x 2 inches
Using a rectangle die or a craft knife, cut a 1 3/8 x 7/8 inch rectangle from the center of the white square.
Glue three sides of the white square together, laying the glue just onto the edges of the panel.
Use a corner rounder on all corners.
On a 1 3/4 x 1 1/2 inch piece of red card stock, stamp the word "Smile" and glue it in position inside the slide mount.
Use a corner rounder on all corners

Another Tip
If you don't have a camera stamp, try Googling black and white clipart camera.  Choose the image you like and copy it onto a document page in Word on your computer.  Reduce the image to the proper size, then copy and paste several times until you have the number of images that you will need - probably about 6.  Print them out, then fussy cut, and glue them in all the appropriate places. 

I hope you have enjoyed today's tutorial.

Blessings,
Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment